WP48: European network civil society
Citizens’ participation in a European network civil society
WP48 Responsible for Spread of Excellence
Explore possibilities for collaborative research on citizens’ participation in a European network civil society
WP48 Description of work
Explore theoretical and empirical approaches to Europeanization of civil society:
- How do civil society organizations mediate particular and general interest across levels of governance and across sectors?
- How do civil society organizations occupy opportunities for participation and involvement in EU-decision-making)
- What is the shape of the networks in which civil society organizations operate in relation to European policy fields and issues?
- What kind of social capital is developed to occupy network positions and to expand social relations?
- How and by which conductive mechanisms do civil society organizations enable citizens’ participation and involvement in European policy-making as well as their inclusion through communication and information?
- How and to what extent do civil society organizations become Europeanized by the play of their integration into European networks?
- How do civil society organizations contribute to the legitimacy of European integration? What kind of visions of the EU as a legitimate order is promoted within civil society?
- CR29 - Institute for Social Research (NO)
- CR55 - Institut für interdisziplinäre Nonprofit Forschung an der Wirtschaftuniversität Wien (AT)
- CR24 - University of Trento, Department of Sociology and Social Research (IT)
For documents of this work package, please go to CINEFOGO Database and type WP48 in the Search field.